Alchemy Island

0

Posted by gedneydroveend | Posted in Jacob R, Johnny, Max | Posted on January 8, 2015

Our topic this term is Alchemy Island. In literacy yesterday, the children’s learning objective was ‘ To use vocabulary for effect’, which I am sure you will agree, after reading the following pieces of work, they certainly achieved.

When I arrived, I saw a big, sparkling tower on a tiny island, surrounded by grey-white fog. Mountains towered up as still as a soldier standing proudly, waiting for someone to come and climb him. There was a light at the top, coloured scarlet red with a thin metal pole at the top which was as shiny and pointy as a unicorns horn. In the background, the sun was blocked by the violet-grey clouds. They were as fluffy as sheep before shear time. The fog was trapped inside an enclosure of rocky, sturdy mountains. The clouds blocked the oranges, yellows and pinks of dawn. The mist almost looked like water.

Jacob R

As the thick cloud lay upon me, my hands quivered in fear, that it would just drop on me. In front of me, the pale pillars towered over me as if they were telling me off. In the background, the race of the two waterfalls has begun; there was a crowd of 3000 watching and hissing. As I slid across the smooth, pale stone I thought how big life is.

Sam S

The steps on the haunted castle were as cold as ice. The biggest waves you could ever see, crashed into the boulders. The waves bellowed like a giant screaming for help.Three yellow roses blooming on the steps of the haunted castle. The dark castle could creep anyone out.

John A

The mist clears the whole place like a sheet on a wooden table. The moon shines down like it is on fire. The rocks are being covered up like they are under water. The dark, dull and gloomy clouds are like ashes. The sun setting is like lava from a volcano. The rocky boulders have light which looks like magic. The moon is as round as a globe. As the light shines, my eyes begin to hurt because it is so colourful that I could not move my eye away.

Max S

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar